Saturday, December 5, 2009

On Crutches, In Memphis

Who knew that a simple rainy day would interfere with me walking in Memphis? Yet, here I am sitiing on the couch with my leg propped up, my trusty crutches, by my side. Let me just say how much it STINKS to be stuck on the couch this time of year. It's Dec!!! There's shopping to be done, parades to see, trees to decorate, yet none of that will be done by me. Okay so my laptop and credit card help with shopping online. It's just not as fun as shopping in person!! I dont really like shopping, but I do like gettng out of the house. I havent been out since Wed and that was just to urgent care. Not really a place I'd like to visit ever again...

Some of my friends through the years know what damage I have done to my knees by riding. After highschool my knees were just never the same. I remember back at 17, after long rides, I'd have to be pulled off my horse. Then into my 20's my right knee went out several times. Once at a (really cool!!) bar in St Pete, FL where I was having SO MUCH FUN! Then I got to be carried out to the ambulance by 2 of the BIGGEST security gaurds I have ever seen. I sort of felt like an Indian Princess who'd been injured in war... or somethig. I could go on and on about that night. The homeless guy who OD'd and had to drink charcoal was by far the highlight... The other times were simple. Once I was standing still holding a can of yogurt and my knee went out. That was fun. Really, so much fun.

Here I am again. Awaiting my fate!! I was so hoping my experiance with the Memphis medical staff would have been after the holidays as I searched for a rhumetologist. But, noooooo. A simple rainy day took that and my holiday fun away from me!! Yes, I blame it on the rain. Milli Vanilli agrees!! See how far I have fallen?? I am taking advice from has been, lip synching, suicidical pop stars...

stay tuned, this saga will continue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment